All district employees and students under adult supervision are encouraged to “tell your story” about what you taught or what you learned. Anyone can do it. Just look at your Facebook page to see how stories are being communicated every day. Amateur videos are everywhere. We don’t need full production with lights, cameras and editing software. We just need you to tell your story in less than 2 minutes.
Here are some simple guidelines to participate in Learn It. Love It. Live It.:
- Use cell-phone, tablet or video camera.
- Shoot horizontal video (sideways shots).
- Use a tripod, when practical, to minimize jitter.
- Shoot close up rather than zoom. Show faces and activities.
- Use the exposure/focus lock so it’s automatically set.
- Capture good sound by getting close or using a microphone.
- Tell a story in less than two minutes with concise commentary.
- Use editing software* or just shoot and send one piece of video.
- Students may participate, but only under adult supervision.
- Make sure “opt-out” students are not filmed.
- Identify yourself and your school in video using text or speech.
Find more tips: CLICK HERE
How to submit your video
- Click on the “Submit Your Video” link at the top of the page. If you haven’t registered yet, click on Register Now or the Login/Register link and register your account using your @hcsb.k12.fl.us email address (the only email addresses accepted).
- Go back to Submit Your Video and fill in the blanks.
- Double-check to ensure all information is complete and accurate.
- Click “Choose Video and Submit” to choose your video from your computer or mobile device and start the upload.
- Wait for upload confirmation. Your submission will be sent to the District for review.
What happens next?
- Staff at the District’s Office of Communication will review all videos to ensure appropriate content.
- You will be notified when your video is approved via email.
- Once approved, you and your school are encouraged to freely distribute the video through all available channels (web, email, Facebook, Twitter, event presentations, etc.).
- The district will post your video on watchusliveit.org and may distribute it through the district’s social media channels.
Although it’s not required, to take your Learn It. Love It. Live It. videos to the next level, you may choose to get creative with some video editing. There are several video editing apps available at no charge to create professional-level projects. Experiment and enjoy some creative freedom!